Your Expenses, Made Easy…with Dext
If you are a regular reader of our blog, you’ll know that at Artisan Accounts we love three things.
- Saving you time
- A good app
- A good app that saves you time
That’s why we’ve been a dedicated user of Dext (previously Receipt Bank) for several years now and why we encourage so many of our clients to use it. In fact, many of our clients are already working with it and reaping the benefits.
We’ve all had bad experiences keeping track of receipts and expenses. For some, it’s so painful it’s easier not to do it at all, but Dext relieves the pain…
Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture of a receipt with your mobile phone (you can also forward e-mails, upload images and more)
- Dext reads the receipt and extracts all the key information. Yes, it’s that clever.
- You “publish” the receipt, which pushes it into Xero, but you can also download a report or publish to other apps.
- Shred (and recycle) the receipt. No need to clutter up your office or your shoe boxes, you can always retrieve the scan if you need it from either Xero or Dext.
- You wonder what to do with all the time you’ve saved.
Dext’s ability to scan your receipts effortlessly and quickly, is a real game changer for small businesses, saving time and therefore money. It’s a major contribution to automating bookkeeping processes and making real-time accounting possible. No more data entry AND up to date information.
Dext also improves accuracy.; you can set rules for suppliers, so that bills are always treated in the same way (cost categorisation and VAT treatment, for example). But the app is also smart enough to learn how you categorise things and make suggestions.
You can also use Dext for expense reports. The app compiles selected receipts into an expense report that you can customise and amend, and publish it to Xero when you’re happy with it. What could be better?
Think about this: get everyone in your team to download the app and snap their receipts as they go along. Use the receipts to compile expense reports and refund their expenses. No more excuses for lost receipts.
Over to you
Get in touch and we’ll set you up with a trial account. And don’t forget to download the app on your mobile phone. No more lost receipts, no more scratching your head trying to remember what illegible receipts were for exactly, and no more laborious data entry getting your receipts transcribed.
You’ll find links to more Dext resources on our Dext School page.