Coronavirus Support Updates for Businesses
Job Retention Scheme
The Job Retention Scheme has been extended until September 30th, 2021. You can find out more about who is eligilble, how to apply, and what you need to allow an agent (such as your accountant) to apply for your business here.
How to Repay Deferred VAT
The VAT deferral was a lifeline for many businesses. However, if you deferred VAT payments because of coronavirus, you must make arrangements to repay it. There are some options on how to pay:
- Pay Deferred VAT in full – If you want to pay your VAT in full you must do so by June 30th, 2021. You can find out how to do that here.
- Alternatively, you can join a payment scheme to pay your deferred VAT in instalments. You can find out more abut this here. The number of installments depend on when you join the scheme.
May 19th, 2021
June 21st, 2021
Number of instalments
- If you cannot pay your deferred VAT on time, you must contact HMRC to make arrangements with them. You can find out more about what to do if you cannot pay here. You can do this by filling in the form VAT652 and send it to the VAT Error Correction Team
Artisan Office Updates
- We are currently operating a full service.
- Despite the coronavirus we can still e-meet with you or speak to you on the telephone. Call us or email us in your usual way, though please be patient. We are dealing with more enquiries than usual at the moment, but we will try to come back to your as quickly as possible.
- We continue to be fully staffed. This may change and we may have a slower response time if that happens.
- We continue to make sure that we meet filing deadlines to complete your accounts, tax returns, VAT, payroll and other requirements.
Coronavirus Uncertainty: Ways We Can Help
We are committed to being available to support you to the best of our ability. In times like this, we all need to pull together. If you need anything, please let us know. For example, here are some of the ways we can help:
- Provide cashflow forecasting to see when the pinch-points will happen for your business
- Help you find cost-effective finance to see you through this difficult trading period
- Support you to negotiate time to pay agreements with HMRC for your tax bill
- Do your bookkeeping to help you get your records straight so you can take an informed decision for what to do for your business. (If you can scan and email your documents, we can process them for you)
- Advise you on accessing tax rebates you may have been putting off, such as R&D Tax Credits.
- A sounding board – we know that being a business owner in tough, uncertain times is not easy. So remember, we are there to listen and where appropriate, give advice. Call us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
- When you’re ready we can discuss ways to make your business more resilient going forward.
Business Resources & Guides
- The Job Support Scheme Explained
- Apprenticeships, Traineeships & Kickstart Scheme Explained
- Flexi-Furloughing Explained
- SEISS – How to Apply
- COVID-19 Action Plan
- Cashflow Action Plan
- Ways to Pivot Your Business
- Self-Employed Help & Resources
- Furlough Form
- Furlough Form Guidance
- Furlough Form for Directors
- Board Minutes template for Furloughing Directors
HMRC Helpline: 0800 024 1222
Grant Funding Schemes: Guidance for grant eligibility
Citizen’s Advice Page for guidance if you cannot pay your bills.
Ofgem have a page offering advice if you cannot pay your energy bills
Clearly explained furloughing guidance from ICAEW