Bookkeeping and your Business
Bookkeeping is the recording of all your business’s financial transactions, such as; sales, purchases, payments and receipts. Sounds a bit dull, doesn’t it?
But up to date information on the state of your business is an incredibly powerful tool, which you can harness, with your accountant, to steer the growth of your business, rather than just be a compliance necessity once a year.
At Artisan we continuously strive to empower businesses to grow and develop through increased productivity and better informed decision making. The first step to achieving this is through accurate and timely bookkeeping.
All of which is actually very exciting!
So what are the benefits of having us do your bookkeeping?
- Provides a monthly, accurate snapshot of what is going on in your business (rather than year end accounts which are usually several months out of date by the time you review them)
- Reveals real-time cash flow information, enabling informed decision making.
- Enables planning for the future, both short and long term
- Isolates important trends in expenses/income etc
- Identifies and focuses your attention on costly debtors
- Accurate and accessible preparation for VAT returns, ensuring an efficient process that is resilient to deadlines
- Avoids Corporation Tax shocks (ouch!)
- Delivers complete and accurate preparation for year-end accounting
- Frees up your time from tedious tasks such as filling in spreadsheets
- Allows you to focus on developing your business, rather than worrying about bills and invoices
What’s covered in our bookkeeping service?
- Processing of your Receipt Bank invoices and bills (checking for VAT where relevant)
- Ensuring your bank account feeds are live (very important following Open Banking)
- Raise Sales Invoices (if you require this)
- Reconciling Bank accounts
- Processing any miscellaneous items
- Reviewing money owed and owing
- P&L check for anomalies
- Directors Loan Account check
Sounds good? So what’s next?
This is what we do
- At the beginning of each month we will process bookkeeping for the previous month.
- All bookkeeping will be completed within the first five business days of the month.
- We’ll contact you if we are missing any information, giving you peace of mind that you don’t have to remember everything.
- We’ll send you a short and concise monthly report.
What We Need From You
- Sign up for our preferred systems and apps such as Xero and Receipt Bank
- Upload your expenses to Receipt Bank on a regular basis
- Engage with us! (Yep, that does mean you will have to answer the odd call or answer our emails!)
If you’d like to hear more about our bookkeeping service fill in this form with your details or call Tracey (pictured above) on (0)20 8819 8762.